What is this draft stopping product called?

I have this around the frame of my storm door, and I have seen it on other applications as well. It is a strip of very fine fibers, each fiber about

1/8" long, assembled in a long section which is cut to length, and is about 1/4" wide.

In other applications, it is wider, and the fibers are longer.

Here's a pic from the one around my storm door:

Does anyone know what this is called, who manufactures it, or even where I could buy some?

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Hi, Weather strip?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Looks like felt stripping.

Reply to
Oren

It's often called "mohair" weather stripping.

Reply to
clare

Go to a good window service/glass company. Here in Kitchener I'd go to Reinharts on Maple Ave.

90% chance Joe would have something in stock to do the job, and if not, better than 90% he can get it for you.
Reply to
clare

Thanks Clare, and Oren. Searching for mohair stripping brought me to an Alibaba site, which told me it is also called "metal channel strip brush". This led to a plethora of domestic sources (including good old Fuller Brush) of both stock and custom sizes.

Been looking for this stuff for awhile now, and I finally know what it is.

Thanks again,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken