What is HP1 and HP2 on thermostat?

White-Rodgers 1F85-275:

I have a heat pump (single stage compressor) with electric coils as auxilary (emergency) heat. Should I config the thermostat for HP1 or HP2?

Reply to
tjm

If I am reading it right HP2 is for a two stage compressor so my "thoughts" would be HP1. Now, I am not a trained HVAC person so only giving my .02 cents.. John

Reply to
John

Didn't know it was the number of compressor stages, or, if the Aux/Emer coils counted as a "stage". ?

Reply to
tjm