What happens now to the election due to Hurricane Sandy?

Been close before. I don't see any need to change the system.

.

this will likely lead to the end of the electoral college and going to a popular vote

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You're speaking, using old expressions, and metaphors, right? Mormons don't drink coffee.

.

NBC had a scenario where Romney would be President, Biden would be VP. Hey Joe, would you get me another coffee please!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

=A0 =A0NEW HAMPSHIRE

Maybe it will be postphoned?

Reply to
harry

.

t drink >coffee.

Well them, "Hey Joe, would you get me a change of hairy underwear?"

Reply to
harry

Really?

Ill bet its more of a landslide win for Romney.

We will find out in about a week, wont we?

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

Good point. Thanks.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:1c0198loeromtij9fd4fkgeko35fahnv6b@

4ax.com:

That's a total non-issue. If no candidate receives a majority of the electoral vote, the decision is made solely by the House of Representatives (see Amendment XII to the Constitution), and we get President Romney.

Not going to happen -- that requires amending the Constitution, which requires the concurrence of 3/4 of the states.

Possible... but not very likely.

Reply to
Doug Miller

There is another possibility that is even more interesting academically.

If the popular vote in the various states resulted in a theoretical

269-269 split. one of those electors could go rogue. There is nothing that forces them to vote the way their party told them to. In fact there has been quite a number of times when the elector did not cast the requested vote. (and it is just a request). Most recently in 2004, a Minnesota elector voted for Edwards for pres and VP, in 2000 one DC elector didn't vote at all. In 1988 the democratic elector flipped Pres and VP voting for Bentsen as president. There have also been times in the past when they picked a guy who wasn't really even in the race.
Reply to
gfretwell

-snip-

Actually there are rumored to be some Ron Paul electors out there. Now

*that* would sell some newspapers, eh?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

THat could be exactly true, because several states, maybe most or all, don't promise to count absentee votes until about a week later.

Reply to
micky

I just remembered-- It takes 270. So even if somebody got 269 and the other guy lost some electors, it would go to the house & senate.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

That'd be quite a trick. He hasn't broken 250 yet-

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Maybe not. I can think of at least two additional scenarios:

  • Rioting in the streets, and/or
  • Lawsuits without number.
Reply to
HeyBub

There are some pundits predicting a Romney landslide. There are others predicting an Obama landslide.

On November 8th, one grop will be saying "told you so" and the other will be pretending they aren't surprised.

When Reagan beat Mondale, my co-worker canceled his U.S. News subscription, angry at the "After The Landslide" issue that arrived in his mailbox the day _before_ the election.

And of course some of us remember Dewey & Truman.....

The sad thing is how many winners get about ONE-QUARTER of the eligible votes.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

My opinion is you are wrong twice. Not that it matters much. Both are likely to give Congress whatever it wants.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

I wouldn't bet more than a dollar on the outcome let alone predicting a landslide.

Reply to
rbowman

And if the House is tied, Biden gets to vote to break the tie!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Uh, no. Biden does not get to vote in the House.

Reply to
HeyBub

And if the House is tied, Biden gets to vote to break the tie!

-- There you show how stupid you are again. Biden has no vote in the House... Christ you is a dumb f*ck...

Reply to
BurfordTJustice

With biden, who knows? That senile old fart would probably walk in to the Supreme court and try to vote if someone wasn't ushering the senile old fart around.

Reply to
Ferd Berfle