What does it mean when a house is condemned?

I had who I consider a sharp HVAC fix my furnace a few years ago. Sticking fan relay on the control board. It's a 13 year old Rheem. Asked him about cleaning the evap coils, and he said they're not accessible without basically tearing it down. Told me not to worry about it, just change the filter when it looks dirty. Might not be a good analogy, but I've never cleaned an automotive evap and had good A/C on them for many years. I imagine they get leaf and twig parts stuck in there. Heard my squirrel cages chopping that stuff up sometimes. Every year I say I'm going to take the cover off the outside unit and clean the condenser coils. Maybe this year it'll happen.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Better than Iraq. NoYanks about to f***k things up you see.

A t least two of your nuclear submarines have sunk. Yep here we go.

We are the only country to have used a nuclear submarine in actual warfare.

Hm.The USA has a long tradition of mutiny. I believe you call it "fragging." Short history of it here as you clearly don't know your own history. Like most Yanks.

's worse? Fragging or cannibalism?

I think I'd rather go quick from a grenade than being eaten.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

That's been my experience as well. Also it's what DerbyDad just experienced in a recent post with his relatively new system. Even after he removed the outer panel, he found another layer of sheet metal inside which was not removable.

If it's so critical to clean them, you would think the manufacturer's would design them to be accessible so you don't have to start cutting sheet metal. When my 25 year old system was replaced, the coils were still clean despite having just the std

1" thick filter. New system has one of the thick 5" thick pleated filters so I have no worries.
Reply to
trader4