What do you call a central A/C intake grill?

I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Reply to
Sam Takoy

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Reply to
Sam Takoy

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only takes a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I've never heard that. What's the difference? The direction of the intake?

Reply to
JimT

The two types look identical, but the type of metal is different. It's all about feng shui. The spiritual energy given to the house by different kinds of metal. Ignoring these things can bring some nasty results.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but it did get me thinking.

Reply to
JimT

You can take this seriously or not. When your home is suddenly filled with locusts, don't come crying to me.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nah...right now I'm more concerned with water. Our chimney is leaking water and I've had the roofing co out twice already.

Reply to
JimT

Why "filter"?

Look for a reversible grill, so you won't have to hunt for the other one every season. Also, it won't take extra storage space.

And if you live in the USA, try to find one with locust repellant.

Reply to
mm

Those were banned in Norway, weren't they?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In news:3FZ3o.38591$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.iad, JoeSpareBedroom spewed forth:

Yes, they were shown to cause birth defects

Reply to
ChairMan

Reversible grills, or locusts?

In people, or locusts?

Reply to
mm

Usually grill = metalwork used in cooking, grille = metal (or other) work used in heating or AC.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

I call mine Monica. Connected to the big source of hot air, and really sucks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon