What do I seal storm windows with?

I have aluminum storm windows on old wood double hung windows. I took one off to repaint and reglaze the window. It was glued on pretty good with silicon rubber on top and sides but I got it off. Now it's time to put it back on. I learned by searching this newsgroup not to seal the bottom, but I'm wondering what type of seal I should use on the top and sides so the window is easier to get off next time.

TIA, Mike

Reply to
Mike

A good grade of caulk. It will fill the void, but not adhere as well as silicone. You can partly seal the bottom, but must leave a couple of weep holes.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I don't have these myself, but almost all that I have seen are screwed into the window frame at various points around the edge of the storm window frame. If yours are, how about the thin foam self stick weatherstrip applied to the underside of the storm window frame?

Reply to
willshak