What channels did you lose?

That link won't open in Firefox, for me at least. I finally got around to opening it in IE, and it came up.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

aemeijers wrote in news:yXVZl.73353$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

I use Opera,and I'm discovering that many sites only work properly with IE.

That SUCKS,because IE sucks.

Whar version of Firefox are you using?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Is anyone receiving more channels with quality content, or just more infomercials, more Reverend Ike types looking for money, more canned inexpensive to produce/buy useless content from major networks to fill in sub channels when they found out what they promised was too expensive for the bean counters?

In the NYC metro area with the exception of PBS stations, I'm seeing sub channels populated with sub par programming by WNBC (because it is cheap to buy), infomercials 24x7, more preachers begging for money in different languages on each sub channel, Mindless non stop Anime cartoons 24x7, WOR and WNYW xmitting each others stations in SD on sub channels, poor quality NYC traffic cams with terrible audio.

What I'd like to see is local content shows (NYC stations think nothing out side the 5 boroughs is worthwhile unless it's an ax murder), real local weather coverage rather than mass marketed regional weather, shows that take advantage of local talent and activities would be a good start.

I don't need another bamboo steamer, thanks. Please no more political left or right talking heads.

Reply to
Steve Stone
[snip]

It opened fine here (Firefox / Foxit Reader).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Steve Stone wrote in news:PU5_l.6616$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe11.iad:

I get one subchannel that I watch a lot;18.2(WKCF sub). It's "This Network",and they run older movies and it seems,fewer commercial interruptions. Only problem is,they don't keep the electronic program guide up to date,and it's hard to find out what's on and when. If I remember,I check Titan TV online. (but can't print anything from it,because they only like IE)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

3, set up to automagically update, so I assume I'm current.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

aemeijers wrote in news:0Dd_l.369612$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Hmm,it opened OK in Firefox 1.0.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

That's one of the best!

LXTV and New York Non-Stop (both 4-2) and NYC-TV (25) don't count?

I don't think an ax murder is important enough. Haven't you seen the poster with NYC on one end, a great big gap (desert), and then LA. Turn it upside down and you have the LA view of the US.

What does that mean? Is it going to rain on your block today, that sort of thing?

But all of TV is local (to NYC) talent. OK maybe a few come from LA. I can't walk the dog without running into a film crew taking up valuable parking space.

Reply to
knuckle-dragger

LXTV and NY non stop is a poor substitute for the originally announced programming. Meaningless canned light fare meant to take up bandwidth for a low cost. Do they have anything on 4-2 that doesn't rerun the same day within a 4 hour time frame? I have better sources for bars with good shagging than NY non stop, thanks anyhow.

NYC-TV wasn't bad until they started having money problems and went into a rerun spiral.

You got that right

No.. more like cause and effect.. send a camera crew or use freelance footage of weather damage thru out the coverage area, rather than keeping it choked down to within 45 minutes drive time into Manhattan. The viewers not only come from the boroughs but 70 air miles away from ESB.. eastern LI, the southern edge of Sullivan county, eastern edge of PA, etc.

TV newscasts are all about quantity rather than quality. If they can get

10 stories covered in 10 minutes with less than 60 percent wrong and less than 4 technical failures it's a good show. No details, told to go to their website for further information.. go there and try to wade thru the kaos they call a web site and rarely ever find what you were looking for. Use a sub channel to give us the details with time taken for accuracy. Trained, educated, experienced newscasters that know how to present a story replaced with know nothing pretty boys and girls fresh off the street.. and the lack of knowledge of the region and misinformation conveyed shows in the broadcasts.. but hey they work cheap. Wrong video clips played at wrong time, bad mikes, out of control robo cameras, wrong story at wrong time. We are talking about network flagship stations.. not some college or high school A/V class.
Reply to
Steve Stone

I've learnt a few things such as how to fold a fitted sheet and I love TMI. It's hilarious. (TMI is the one with the 3 girls talking mainly about dating and etiquette, like can you wear white to a wedding if you're not the bride.)

Apparently they're coming back for a new season. I was talking to one of their workers just yesterday.

Reply to
knuckle-dragger