Wet Basement, wet carpet

And we wonder why insurance is so damn expensive and why they give you the third degree about any claim.....

Scumbag.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Some good suggestions already. Make a grid, *suspend* the carpet off the floor--after extensive cleaning,

*steam* cleaning, sanitizing, etc. Heat, fans, *dehumidifier(s)*--or regular window A/C left inside the room--make sure it doesn't freeze up. Dehumifiers from Sams Club: $139. I have a couple. Will make a big, big difference, with the whole space. If you are going to dehumidify, keep the space closed off. If not, then well-ventilate it. Yeah, back up pumps...
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Hardly... You seen the skyscrapers these insurance companies reside in? The CEO salaries? The number of people left in the lurch? (Katrina: State Farm, Nationwide....) It's called "f****ng back". There are more insurance industry lobbyists in Wash DC than there are Congress people. Wake up. You wanna be honest? Return the next wallet you find to the poor sucker who lost it, w/o pocketing the cash first. Stop steppin&fetchin for rip-off institutions.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

90% or more of the carpet sold in the US will be ruined by bleach. It, um, bleaches the color out... (BTW, I ought to know - I'm an engineer for the world's largest carpet manufacturer).

You need to get that carpet out of your basement. If it has mildewed, it is ruined. You won't get the smell out.

Having a second sump pump is a good option. It would be even better if you could stop the water in the first place, but that's a tough thing to in my experience.

Sorry about the flood and your loss.

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

Standard issue of rationalizations from scumbags. "Everyone does it" "You're dumb if ya don't" "they're just big rich companies"

Bullshit.

Scumbag.

Reply to
Banty

Before you accuse people of rationalizations, you should work on your reading comprehension. None of the things you mentioned were the issue. The issue is: rich institutions that f*ck the public, their own clientele, so's they become rich. When you get f***ed, you have, morally at least, the right to f*ck back. Similar to the right to self defense--which is a dicey right indeed, since so many people who do defend themselves wind up in jail. Not saying ripping off an insurance company will solve anything, individually. And such people could even be scumbags, sorta like people who shoplift from HD. But sheeeiit, a person w/ any piece of a working brain can sure *understand* these actions.

And the problem is that *not enough* people do it. If enough did, mebbe we'd send the right goddamm message. What did I read in a sig? Time for another Tea Party?

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Get a Rinse N Vac, and go over the carpet with a mild solution of bleach in addition to the extractor chemicals they provide. Worth a try.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Creative. Not honest, but creative.

Reply to