Well pump running too often

Well,

its fixed!

I had a local well repair guy come out and take a look at the problem, he immdiately diagnosed that the "saddle" was leaking at some point. He dug down 5 feet to where the supply line attached to the casing, sure enough, a new saddle and well cap and $1,200 later I have a repaired well. The fittings on the saddle were not copper and they just gave up. Thanks for all your help, oh, and apparently in MI a check valve in the house above the pump is a code no no. Something about when the pump stops the possibility of a leak drawing surface water into the leak.

That makes good sense.

Reply to
Bob F

Hmmm....hadn't thought of that and it is correct, the water leakign down would draw a suction. One more reason why there shouldn't be a checkvalve after a pump.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K