Quick questin, and then I'll give more detail below (for those who will read
How do you get rid of a campfire smell coming from a wood-burning fireplace
that has been used only once in 20 years? See more details below. TIA
We bought an older house with a fireplace that hadn't been used in at least
20 years. We had a topcap/damper combo installed and custom-sized glass
door/screen. Christmas Eve, we decided to build a fire using some cured
(albeit damp) wood. I cleaned the ashes out the next morning and vaccumed
Problme is, there has been an awful "campfire" smell ever since. I went up
to and sealed around the cap/damper (wasn't sealed great) and stuffed
insulation around the glass door to block airflow, but the smell persists?
Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell in short order?
IN a related question, will owens corning fiberglass (unfaced) be Ok stuffed
around the fireplace door?
Thanks in advance!