Wax ring goes which way?

I am putting a new wax ring on the toilet. Which way does it go and do I put it on the toilet bottom or the closet flange part when I install the toilet? There is the flat side of the wax ring and the other side which has curves.

Reply to
francan00

Wax goes up. I like to set them on the closet flange, I've known guys who stick the wax side to the toilet.

I'd recommend you do it my way. Get an outside reference of the toilet outlet location and do your best to set it straight down on the ring.

Gently rock it a little and twist it (just a little) until the toilet hits the floor. If it feels right, and looks right, give it a flush.

If it doesn't leak, hang out your plumber shingle. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:7ded6d9d-72ab-4758-bfe2-2f6bff6b89a6 @m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

I don't think it matters much once the weight of the bowl, tank, water and your ass are on it.

Reply to
Red Green