Water softener dying?

We have a 10-year-old home with a Watermate-1 water softener. About a week ago, the motorized timer/valve mechanism started making a horrible noise. It's a loud mechanical grinding noise.

Unfortunately, our longtime trusted Certified Water that installed and services everything around here just went out of business. They were taken over by another company from out of state that we know nothing about.

Does anyone know what we should expect to pay if the entire mechanism has to be replaced?

Reply to
Anonymous

It was about $120 on ours. Considering a good new one approaches $500, I guess it was worth it. It's a Culligan.

HTH,

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Thanks.

Do they replace the whole softener, or just the mechanism on top?

Reply to
Anonymous