water softener

It always helps when you mention brand & model...

If it looks really old (10Years), loose it. Buy new with demand regeneration.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

It definitely should not be regenerating several times a day. The length of time depends on capacity and water usage, but may possibly be every two days or so. Usually they are programmed to regenerate in the middle of the night when soft water is unlikely to be used. If you can find a model number, you may be able to get a manual from the manufacturer.

Reply to
Alan

I bought a house that has a water softener in it & don't know how to set it.. it seems top cycle several times a day, which I doubt is normal,, shouldn't it be about every 2 days or so? TIA Rob

Reply to
longshot

it's got a culligan name on it.. I am not renting it, it came with the house.. If I call Culligan, they may tell me it's their's & give it back. the house was a repo. It only has 6 options for the regeneration usage. I've never seen one like it. it probably is around 10 years old.

Reply to
longshot

If it belongs to Culligan it may be the type that is changed out with a recharged one every few weeks.

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man