water quality problem

Hello, For the last four months I've been having problems with my water and wonder if anyone can help. After showering I find that my skin and hair are covered in a greasy film. I've asked my neighbours and they say their water's fine. I've changed my hot water heater twice, added a water softener, had the pipes flushed, replaced some old lead pipes with copper, and still the problem persists. I'm at my wit's end. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be or how it could be fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian

Reply to
brian

Changed the water heater twice? Sounds like a troll. Take a sample to a reputable water treatment company and have it tested. Other than that, eat less greasy foods.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It's your soap.

Reply to
HeyBub

..

I agree. The kids are out of class over the weekends again.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

We had a similar experience. We are on Well water. Our shower left us feeling a bit more slick then usual. We had just moved into the place. The Granny unit on the property didn't have the issue.

I gave the Old Water Softener an Over haul ( I think I broke it, so its not really getting salt water anymore) and now we don't have that film after the shower.

You said you added a Water Softener? Maybe it was too soft to begin with?

If you are on city water, then the quality should be acceptable. If you are on well water I agree with Edwin, get a Sample and take it to a lab to get it tested. The Best place it the closest tap from the Source. These people send us a Test Kit.

Getting the water tested is not cheap, can be up to $300+, but will give you lots of info...

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Actually, you didn't have the film before, now you do. Soft water makes you feel as though you did not rinse properly when in fact, you rinsed better than ever and have no minerals you you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski