HotPoint cooking range: burner not getting heated up

Hi, My hotpoint range is ~ 3.5 years old. This morning the burners just stopped getting heated up.

I noticed that the clock was not displaying. It usually happens when there is a power outage. I checked the power and it was ok. I turned the unit ON and then the clock was flashing(as if power came back, and it is waiting for me to reset the clock) The red indicator light also turns ON, but none of the coils get heated up nor does the oven unit below. I left it on for a while but the burners never got heated up.

I know it is not a fuse or power issue since the indicator light does come up.

Not sure where to start troubleshooting or what kind of electrician to call.... Please share any experience you have with this. Thanks, Raj

Reply to
rajsre_nair

assuming electric range it may still be power issue...

one side of power line out no 240 volt just 120 for clock............

if just one burner quit switch or burnewr but since they all quit together probably power line.

how handy are you?

Reply to
hallerb

None, I am a full time mom and no handy knowledge :( Neither my husband has a clue.

All the burners stopped working at same time. When it is in OFF position, there seems to be no power (clock is off) When I turn it on, clock starts flashing (so clock gets the power only on turning the range ON) But burners still do not get the power... ? Would it be expensive to call a hot point technician and what my options are? Thanks.

Reply to
Toddlers_mom

try resetting breaker for stove it should be a double pole one.

it is probably partially tripped

go try the main breaker box

Reply to
hallerb

barbarow

Make sure BOTH sides of the 240V supply are working. The electronics will work from one (120V), the heating elements take both. I had a similar problem with a dryer. The motor would work but not the heater.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Hi, Just to e sure, reset breaker and check all the fuses. Visual check is not enough, use a meter.

Reply to
Tony Hwang