water puddles are forming in the refrigerator part of standard fridge

I have a standard refrigerator with freezer on top. It is a whirlpool model.

Lately I notice that puddles of water form in the refrigerator part of things. Water can be seen dripping, slowly, from the ceiling of refrigerator, whcih is also the bottom of the freezer. Freezer does not have any build up of ice or anything.

Could this be the case of clogged drain pipe? I can't, however, easily locate the drain pipe. where should I look for reason why water does not go from defrost cycle to where it is supposed to but rather ends up in the refrigerator cabin..

Thanks.

George

Reply to
gthaker

Could be that the fridge is not closing properly and gathering humidity.

Also could be a clogged drain pipe. On my fridge I had to empty my freezer. Remove the bottom tray and back wall (about four screws total) at which point I could see the defroster wire. The drain pipe in the rear was full of ice, as well as under the tray. I removed what ice I could and then poured warm water into the drain, then sucked it out with a baster... Eventually I cleared the blockage.

Reply to
Simon