Water Pipes

We've lived in this house 16 years and lately a loud noise has started coming from the water pipes. It doesn't happen every time the water is turned on - just sometimes. The worst and loudest groan comes when the outdoor faucet on one end of the house is turned on. Next is when the dishwasher is running, that's opposite side of the house. What would cause this?

Reply to
Dottie

lose pipe or bad washer.

do you have a basement, no matter try to narrow down where the noise is coming from

Reply to
hallerb

contact a plumber and have them place some buffers in line with the suspected sections of pipes.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I had a similar problem. I found that all the the pipe supports had pulled out in the basement drop ceiling.

Your problem might be different.

Reply to
Toller