Water damage

I moved into my house last December and recently noticed that there was hidden water damage to the bathroom doorway which is next to the tub. I have taken steps to make sure no more water is leaking out but there is a section of soggy wood at the base of the door frame. Is there anything I can do to fill in the small hole that now exists?

Reply to
todd7416

Hole? You might try these people. I've had good luck with their products, though for exterior applications.

Keith Williams

I suggest you start by correcting the cause of the soggy wood. Nothing you do until you fix that is going to be worthwhile.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The HD also carries a comparable but cheaper product. I believe it is called a wood rot stabilizer and wood restorer. It is an epoxy and you will find it in the paint section. About $ 10. Before your repair the damage, you have to eliminate the moisture problem which caused the dry-rot.

Reply to
Walter R.