water buildup in concrete block foundation

I recently bought a house, and noticed that when it rains really hard, I get some water buildup inside of the concrete block along the edge of the foundation... the water level is below the floor height, so it doesn't get the floor wet. I am more concerned about mold/mildew.

COPY AND PASTE this link to see the pic

jacobm77

Rob Mills

The link to the pics does not work

Reply to
Mikepier

Time to install a B Dry system with sump pump to drain the water.

its most important to stop its travel, look for plugged downspouts and gutters, grading away from home etc etc.

long term water movement can cause excess settling, foundation cracks etc

Reply to
hallerb

"I recently bought a house, and noticed that when it rains really hard,

I get some water buildup inside of the concrete block along the edge of

the foundation... the water level is below the floor height, so it doesn't get the floor wet. I am more concerned about mold/mildew. "

As someone else pointed out, the link doesn't allow us access to the pics, so it's hard to tell exactly what you're talking about or seeing. Normally, one can't see inside foundation blocks. Are you talking about a drain, which may run around the perimeter? It's normal for some homes to have water below the level of the floor after a rain.

Reply to
trader4

As I've said, COPY AND PASTE the link to the pic... if it still doesn't work, hit refresh and it will work.

The water buildup is inside the house.. it's noticable at the edge of the garage... while standing at the wall on the inside of the garage, you can look down inside the concrete block and see standing water.

Reply to
jacobm77

what do you mean by inside concrete block?

crack between block and floor?

Reply to
hallerb

The link still does not work. It says "unauthorized referrer".

Reply to
Mikepier