water, bottom/inside of frig

Have a 15 year old GE frig, model TBX18KKB.

In the last couple weeks it has been accumulating water at the bottom of the inside of the lower refrigeration compartment. This unit has a freezer on top.

I assume this is condensation and looked at the door seals, which all look good to me. Any ideas about this?

If I don't mop up the water every other day, it starts flowing out the front when the door gets open.

Thanks

Reply to
hfs2

there is ice in the rubber line that runs from the freezer. remove it from the back of the fridge, clean it out, replace and it will be fine

Reply to
robson

Reply to
Janice Pennock

In addition to cleaning out the drain line ( it drains down to an evaporation pan under the unit) you might need to do a long defrost to get rid of ice in the freezer drainage area which blocks the water from getting to the drain line.

Bob

Reply to
Bob