Water bed leak

My sister lives in another state. She says that her water bed is leaking around a patch that was done earlier.

I think the patch originally stopped the leak, but is now leaking again.

Would it be better to try to remove the old patch and then patch the area again or just patch over the patch?

What would make removing the old patch easier?

Thanks for your time

Reply to
Terry

Patch over the patch. Prepare surface with rubbing alcohol first and see if you can get an air bubble under the leak. I had water beds for 20 years until 2005 and fixed my fair share of leaks.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I think it is time to replace the mattress.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Once upon a time, as a child, I used to put patch upon patch on bicycle tyres and learnt about the futility. Time to dispose/ recycle.

Reply to
clot