Wasps all over our house...

Just built a house over a year ago...

seems to be the house that wasps love, ever day I come home I battle them on the front and backside of our house, and I mean lots of them. I plugged one hole in the attic, and I took another nest down today, anyone have a clue why they like my siding so much or anyway to keep them away?

Reply to
Jason

Do you mean the type that look like honey bees but are more yellow and burrow into house or ground, they are carnivores looking for winter food , they normaly eat bugs but this time of year eat anything. Ortho 7 a powder can be pumped in to the nest with a turkey baister. They are good for gardens, after it gets cold or freezes they are done.

Reply to
m Ransley

:) Just built a house over a year ago... :) :) seems to be the house that wasps love, ever day I come home I battle :) them on the front and backside of our house, and I mean lots of them. :) I plugged one hole in the attic, and I took another nest down today, :) anyone have a clue why they like my siding so much or anyway to keep :) them away?

The attractiveness may be just the way the light or warmth reflects off of the house making perfect nesting conditions. If they are the paper wasps that the nest looks like an inverted umbrella most, pyrethroid based insectides will act as a repellant keeping them from building a nest where applied, depending on which one used may determine how long between re applications....a water hose used to keep them at bay may keep you busy until they decide to build out of your sight...paper wasps shouldn't be a problem unless you have to get very close to their nests but they can be an eyesore.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

While looking in the mirror a bit ago, I noticed that I look more like myself now than I did a while back.

Reply to
Lar

Dont know much about difference bees, but they looks like wasps, with black back and yellow rings.

Reply to
Jason

Dem bees be yellow jackets

Reply to