washer broken

Model No. JLHC4900n2 about 1982? It will fill up, but it won't drain or

> adgitate. Possible pump? I can move the timer along to various cycles > but I'm just getting noises from the motor and timer. If the pump is > gone, will it still adgitate? I have to syphon the water out in to > bathtub....thanx 4 any help

The above is from a previous post. Anyway, the belt is fine and everything else looks fine. I've pulled out the pump, "very easy BTW". The pully on top seems a little stiff. How freely should the pully move. I don't know how to describe it, but it seems like it should move a little easier....thanks for anyone that replied to my last post..

Reply to
bob

It should have some resistance to it because of the seal (you should be able to turn it by hand). It will still agitate if the pump it bad. I fixed on that had underwear plugging up the pump. It sounds to me that it could be the following- Transmission, motor, or the control timer. If you can verify that the motor is working then you might be able to rule out the transmission and just need to replace the control timer. (Question- can you move the knob through the cycles with out tuning the washer off? If so then I will bet that the control is bad. Doing this burns out the contacts in the timer)

Good luck... Jeff

bob wrote:

Reply to
Jeff

Both times, I lost a pump they leaked water on the floor beneath the machine. that has been my clue for pumps.

Reply to
Arclight

How abouty the wig wag? That doodad that has 2 solinoids and actuators on it that kicks off everything. Check that the solenoids pick and the actuators grab the stuff. Broken wires are common.

Reply to
gfretwell

You're right, it's not the pump. I replaced the pump. I will save it for when it does go. It's not the timer. I did your test. The washer only works when the washer is empty or almost empty. When it's empty, it go's thru all the cycles "spins, drains, adgitates etc". That leaves the tranny and motor? Even with a full load, you figure it should drain or do something, but it doesn't...thanx again...the new pump had about the same resistance...I should have clued in...the pump will not go to waste...I will use it one day

Reply to
bob