Washable Electrostatic Furnace Filters - Use While Wet?

On Feb 18, 11:16am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-

I use medium size/opening filters, not the el-cheapo fibreglass ones that are almost totally open, but not the real fine particle types either. I change them once a month if I remember to. They are always dirty looking if you hold them up to the light. They keep loose dirt from entering the blower and then maybe clogging the A-frame air- conditioning condensor coils
I don't understand cleaning ductwork. If the ducts start out clean and then gradually accumulate dirt, that dirt either stays put, or blows out into the room. If they start out clean, and you have a filter, how does the ductwork get dirty? And, if it is dirty, once the loose dirt blows out, how does more loose dirt occur to get blown out. That new loose dirt will get blown out whether the duct is clean or has a build-up of dirt that isn't loose, so cleaning the ductwork is only needed if it gets so bad that it impedes air-flow. What am I missing besides enriching all the ductwork cleaning firms?

I think you may be referring to the "evaporator" which is the cold part of the AC. The "condenser" is the hot part located outside of the house. Your refrigerator has a condenser that is either a big wide spaced coil on the back or a compact coil underneath with a fan.
The evaporator in the form of an "A coil" is what most home central AC units have on top of a typical upflow furnace. I won't chastise you for using the wrong terminology because there are many things that I have little knowledge of myself, like taxidermy, never done any. Remember, ignorance means you don't know but you can learn, stupid means no way.
TDD
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:48:43 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

Nothing. Once I had ducts cleaned as my bride was sneezing often, thinking allergies we had the ducts cleaned.
The crew re-installed grills crooked, misaligned screws, scuffed wall paint where the shop vac bumped corners. Never again.
Hell, I can do that much damage.
I've never seen a filter, on a residential AC

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

That Bo-Air page reads just like advertising for one of those $400 $20 electric heaters, with circular references, anecdotes and a complete lack of technical detail.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Hi, Common sense tells me, No. You need two filters to alternate.