Vinyl Tille Adhesive Removal

Just completed Armstrong Vinyl Tile installation and adhesive is being forced up between the tiles.

Rather than purchase an expensive solvent mixture I wondered if others had found a good means of removal.

TIA George in FL

Reply to
George Barbarow

The Armstrong web site is a good place to start.

Common rubbing alcohol and a rag?

Reply to
Oren

Was it self stick tile or did you slather on the adhesive yourself? If self stick, call customer service and gripe about it. Armstrong has been my preferred product for years and I've never had any problems with the self stick tile. If you have, it definitely was a bad batch. If it was the latter case, they should know the proper solvent to use. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Mineral spirits will probably take it off. Read the back of the adhesive container. Be careful--I've had mineral spirits take off the pattern on the top of the tiles.

Reply to
SteveBell

Here comes the bad news. It sounds as if you didn't wait for the adhesive to completely dry before installing the tile. It will never dry and will continue to ooze until you decide to pull up the floor and replace. The only other thing that could cause the problem you are seeing is moisture in a concrete floor. Again, the only solution will be remove and replace. If it is a moisture problem, there are very limited solutions.

Reply to
DanG