Vinyl fencing

I am planning a fence project. Anyone with info on vinyl fencing? Is it easy to install?(lot has a slight grade to it and one side of the yard will have a curve to follow a driveway) Are there any brands to stay away from? Are there any good websites that show installation instructions? Any information at all would be helpful.

Thanks Eric

Reply to
vwjetta

snipped-for-privacy@speedwaydesigns.com wrote in news:cc00ac25.0407281038.66fbd1f9 @posting.google.com:

Have you seen it in bright sun light? Do you like the way the sun glares off it? To me, it looks like cheap plastic, but that's just my taste.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Solly

It's as asthetically pleasing as vinyl siding. (HEAVE)

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Hmm, vinyl fencing. I bet that would look good with a few rolls of that fake plastic grass stuff just think no fence maintance or lawn maintance. Sorry I just don't like plastic fences or siding for that matter. Guy down the street from me did vinyl fencing around his yard last year just dosen't look right to me. Too shinny!

Bill

Reply to
... ...

My parents had it installed at their house. Very difficult to clean and since it is right on the ground, gets dirtier than siding. They would never get it again.

Reply to
Art

I have 6 foot high white dog ear style fence and like it very much. No maintenance to it. It doesn't get dirty at my house. The bottom of the fence sits right on the grass. I had a 6' cedar at my other home and it was a real pain washing and staining it every 2 or 3 years and expensive too.

Reply to
Rob

I put 15 - 8' x 42" picket style vinyl panels around 3 sides of my inground pool 2 years ago. I had a wooden picket fence there for about

15 years before, but it was rotting away. I was able to use the original 4"x4" treated posts without moving them. A couple of the rails had to be shortened by no more than 1/2" to fit between the existing posts. I also bought 30 - 8' 2" x 3" studs, and slid one into each vinyl rail for more strength. The 2 x 3s fit perfectly, except for shortening to the length of the vinyl rail.
Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg