Vinyl Fence Post

A friend helped me install a 42 inch vinyl gate and panel. It is 6' tall, and it is a privacy gate which makes it heavier. The panel is not very wide - about three lengths. Most of the structure is the gate, as it is a small area.

We filled the post with the hinges on it completely full of concrete, as this is where most of the weight will be.

Do you recommend putting concrete on the post that the latch is on? I was also thinking of just filling it with rocks.

What does everyone recommend?

Many thanks.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Rocks and sand as long as the bottom is closed so it can't leak out.

Reply to
hrhofmann

It is closed. Many thanks.

Reply to
Kate

I'd recommend following the manufactures recommendations / instructions for how to handle these posts.

Reply to
NGDirect

Correct me if I=92m wrong but are you saying the stationary post with the hinges is vinyl?

Reply to
Molly Brown

Would these posts be decorative only? My neighbour slipped these over his pressure treated 4x4's on his low front fence.

Reply to
jim

Yes

Reply to
Kate

They are decorative, but they also serve an important purpose. The gates hinges are screwed onto the post to the left, and the gate lock is on the right post. Right now, the post on the left is filled with concrete from top to bottom. I know this is important as that post carries most of the weight of the gate. I was just curious about the right post.

Thanks.

Reply to
Kate