Variety of cracks in cement steps.

I have a cement platform that leads to cement steps which in turn lead to another cement platform before entry to my house. The first cement platform has one inch cracks that ride up against the foundation wall on one side. The platform after the steps that lead to the house entrance have a few patches of missing concrete that need to be filled in on the outer side of the platform away from the house.

My question is, should I use Mortar Mix directly to repair the cracks and missing concrete or do I need some bonding agent before I apply the Mortar Mix? Should I use Mortar Mix for this repair or something else?

Reply to
CJ

Before you do anything else, you need to find out why you're having the cracking problem and fix that: patching with addressing that will only bring about a repeat of the cracking. If it's moving, you may want to use a fexibly filler and leave it to move, or find a way to stop the movement, and then use concrete patching mix.

John

Reply to
raven