Variable speed air handler real world humidity readings?

Hi there ...

Say ... one more question on this topic of variable speed air handlers ...

Do any of you have any real world measurements?

In other words did any of you start with a single speed air handler where you were having humidity issues and then replaced it with a variable speed?

What sort of results did you get in terms of % humidity?

Thanks!

Ax

Reply to
Axinar

I replaced an old a/c with a single speed fan with one that used an vfd in my old home. I was never sorry about the added expense. My current home does not have one and I am considering it if I decide to stick around here. Usually the condensate pump would run each time the air handler started. That was 2 quarts of water each start. During the monsoon season the home was dryer than before but I still ran an dehumidifier because of my allergies. I could keep the home around 40-50%.

Reply to
SQLit