Use the proper equipment

If you find yourself asking, do I need a ladder, am I to old to stand on this chair or couch?

Get the ladder!!!!!

Years ago I thought I can stand on the couch to take down Christmas decorations.

I fell and was lucky to not be injured. As I fell, I was thinking, is this how I'm going to die?

I'm old, but faced with the possibility of dying before I felt I was ready, made me angry and fearful of being injured bad enough to be an invalid the rest of my life, if I lived.

So be careful during the holidays.

Merry Christmas and have a happy new year, every one, even uncle cookie monster, and the mad colonel.

Reply to
mysterious traveler

replying to mysterious traveler, Iggy wrote: Yeah, the "right" equipment works well enough and all. But, a little thought can go a long way. If you're human you're clever. Work smarter, not harder. A mop or a broom can let you take Christmas decorations down or put them up. Open light fixtures, like many ceiling fan light kits, can be made extremely safe and convenient for light bulb changes.

With coil or corkscrew CFL's, a couple of small dowels a few inches long and hose clamped to a broom stick can spin an old bulb out and a new one in. For $10 to $30 you can buy light bulb changer sticks for any bulb...

for floodlights, recessed lights, exterior door lights, ceiling fan lights and will still hang Christmas tree balls or tinsel and garland draped over light fixtures, columns tops, higher window cranks or installed ceiling hooks.

Reply to
Iggy

Thank you for keeping me safe in your prayers. Amen.

Reply to
Colonel Edmund J. Burke