AC caps don't contain any energy, when you take them out of the circuit.
They only function while the device is running.
DC cap would not contain enough energy to do much. And the power would short
terminal to terminal, not terminal to ground.
Short answer (ha ha), is not much.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Most people know that dropping a cord or appliance that is plugged into
an outlet into a bathtub filled with water will electrocute the person
in the tub. Yet, you can drop a low voltage item such as a flashlight
with batteries in the tub and no one will be hurt. Even a set up jumper
cables connected to a car battery would not likely do anything, or might
just tingle a little (never tried this, but I've handled plenty battery
cables while standing on wet soil in wet shoes and never felt a thing).
Not that I'm planning to test this, but what would happen if a large
capacitor, charged with 200 volts or more was tossed into a filled
bathtub while someone was in the tub? (By large capacitor, I dont mean
the size, but rather, I mean a large capacity, such as 500 MF or one
Farad or more....).
I see no reason this would ever occur, but I'm just curious.
[NOTE: This could be DC or AC]. DC capacitors are used in electronics,
while the AC type are motor start capacitors.