US 220V 20A TO CHINA 220V 10A MAHJONG MACHINE

Do you know what a contradiction is?

How am I a criminal hacker, exactly?

Reply to
Diesel

If a hacker doesn't have a brain, what does that say about the people who are so easily hacked?

Reply to
gfretwell

So someone who's a victim of a burglary is an idiot in your mind?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If they did not make their house very hard to break into they are.

Reply to
gfretwell

Any house with windows is very easy to break in. Anything from a good a good piece of wood like a baseball bat will knock out most any window used in a house. Very few homes are built with out windows.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Not much eh? :)

Reply to
Diesel

I've asked you several times to substantiate your claim concerning myself, and, you've continued to fail to do so. Any particular reason for that?

Reply to
Diesel

Hmm. I wonder if you'd still be in code violation if you opted to use pvc or perhaps, conduit depending on install location, and ran individual wires inside of it? For all the hassle though, it would probably be simpler to pull a new circuit... assuming the panel has the required room available.

It could be a simple terminology issue on their part, or, they really don't understand the concepts involved. As a precaution against someone doing what they literally wrote, I commented about arcing.

You have to consider the fact that somebody out there might think you can combine those legs via parallel or series and double the voltage or amperage on a single live wire. Obviously, for reasons that should be obvious, you cannot...

You don't need to write to me as if you're an adult correcting a child, Trader. If I was fresh out of college with only classroom based knowledge and no field experience and/or it was my first day on the job as a greenhorn helper or something, sure; but that's not the case here so it's not necessary. Residential wiring isn't shit, most commercial wiring isn't complicated either. Something which interests me, but, doesn't present any real challenge are PLC motor controls. If I had no prior programming/coding experience in the real world using various HLL languages as well as raw machine code and/or assembler, it might be more challenging, but, that's not the case for me.

As you well know, it's certainly possible to get 240volts (or more) on a single hot/live wire, but, it's not done by literally connecting the legs to each other in a parallel or series manner. That's all I was commenting about when I wrote of arcing. Based on the thread, another poster noticed the wording issue with the OPs post and also warned against a short circuit condition should the OP actually do what they wrote they wanted to do without using a converter, as the OP already said they didn't want to go that route.

"I want to combine the two 110 legs to one 220 leg." is what the OP wrote.

Instead of letting the OP know you can't do what they literally wrote and suggesting one proper way of getting the voltage they wanted, you opted to ignore? that section and provide one proper way of getting the voltage they wanted, but, not via a single hot wire as they originally wrote about.

I'm well aware of how to get 240volts here, thanks. Once again, you're trying to talk down to me. I see no point in this. I haven't been intentionally disrespecting you in such a manner.

It doesn't have L1,L2, neutral and ground. It has one incoming live wire terminal, one neutral and one ground. Since we're going to use it's neutral terminal as the other incoming live wire connection point to get the 240volts we want, we won't be making use of any neutral wires coming from the panel or another circuit. We'll be using two hots and a ground, instead. Are you intentionally being obtuse?

I haven't failed to grasp anything, actually. I've even picked up on your attitude. :) If I did what the poster literally wrote, I'd have a 240volt arc flash.

It also spoke of combining them in the sense of wanting 240volts on a single hot wire, instead of via two hot wires as it is in our system. The OP actually presented several questions/inquiries in his/her post. Along with a little information concerning the device they intended to connect and why they wanted to provide it the higher voltage.

Ayep. Like I said though, if it were mine, I'd take the time required to have a looksee under the hood for options before I took the time and effort to run a circuit to feed it. Unless I'm really concerned about the marginal power bill savings I'd acquire if I did provide it

240volt instead of 120 (assuming it could use either).

How so? If anything, it's an example of what the OP actually wanted in practical use.

Ayep. What part of that confuses you so much?

Wasn't disputing the need for two wires, regardless of voltage. My entire comment concerning it was the fact that both aren't hot wires in the configuration it's originally setup for. Infact, it's originaly configuration is closer to our commercial wiring configurations than our residential ones. Aside from a difference in voltage and cycles.

What's according to me, exactly?

Reply to
Diesel

You can't break my windows with a 2x4 shot out of an air cannon.

Reply to
gfretwell

Why would there be any code violation then? Individual wires are run inside PVC conduit all the time. The main objective for the OP was to avoid running a new circuit. And if you're going to run a new circuit, typically romex is easier and less costly than conduit, unless conduit is required for some reason. This is just a rabbit hole to nowhere.

I wasn't. I simply pointed out again what the OP was intending to do. And I note that many others responded and understood what the OP said they were intending to do, every other poster was talking about using two hot legs from circuits on different legs to power the device with a new 240v receptacle, consistent with what the OP said they were thinking of doing.

If I was fresh out of college with only classroom

but, it's not done by literally connecting

Again taken totally out of context and ignoring the previous sentences where the OP talked about putting in the 240V receptacle driven off two circuits.

They never wrote about using a single hot wire if you read all that they wrote. They said they were putting in a 240V receptacle driven off two separate circuits.

I'm just stating the facts.

Why don't you define for us what "neutral" actually means electrically.

No you would not. You are the only one talking about an arc. Everyone else understood what they meant. Jeff for example, explained how he had done what the OP proposed, create a 240V receptacle off of two 120v branch circuits to power a 240V AC when in college decades ago.

Wow, imagine that.

I believe if one follows your arguments, that a new 240V circuit can't be run to power the machine either.

So, again, yes or no, can they run a new 240V circuit to a new receptacle to power the machine? Yes or No?

And if the answer is yes, how do you do that, get a 240V code compliant circuit where one of the two 240V conductors is identified as the neutral? Or as you like to put it, where you get 240V on only one hot wire?

Reply to
trader_4