UPS circuits

Those units are utterly mangled.

Reply to
Jock

O.P. Here, All I was thinking about was running some wires from my existing UPS (APC) , the location were all my peripherals are located to the next room were I have a switch located. To be cosmetic I was going to run the wires through the existing conduit and terminate it to a new outlet. Thanks

Reply to
Sid 03

Conduit sizing??

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Our heater is gas but the fans are run by electric. Last big outage is got pretty cold

I have a customer up against the mountain in a fancy area. They are on propane (the "bottle"). Told me his neighbors did not realize how much their backup generators used. His neighbors were without heat for about three days until the roads could be cleared enough for the refill trucks to get there.

Solar would have been stand alone, but the lack of sunlight during the storm, feet of snow all over the panels, and extraordinary cost you pointed out ...

For a home APC UPS? A large 22KVA APC UPS supplies no more than 20A.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

It supplies 22000 watts at 120 volts - or 183 amps (to a purely resistive load) A 2.2kva UPS provides roughly 20 amps

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I have a 1kva and 2 ,6kva units for the computers and communicaions/connectivity equipment and a 7200 Va tri-fuel generator on an interlock - 7200 on Gasoline, 7000 on propane and 5500 on NG

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Watt hours per day is pretty meaningless, unless you're calculating how much fuel you need. The only thing that matters with starting wattage is that, the starting wattage, it's high when it first turns on then declines rapidly over a minute or so. Same thing with all the loads, it's the total watts at any point in time, not the average. And as someone else pointed out, with refrigerators the highest load isn't starting or running, it's the defrost heater. Whoever wrote that is lost in space.

Reply to
trader_4

Yes, I just copied it but left editing out.

Reply to
invalid unparseable