Upgrading the bathroom

We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering. https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr
On 3/14/19 3:48 PM, % wrote:

Bingo. Plus, what's easiest to clean? What doesn't look too bad if maintenance isn't perfect? #6?
Consumer Reports has this as their highest rated:      <St. Thomas by IceraRichmond ECO (6123.218, 6125.028)> $350
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:21:20 -0500, Dean Hoffman

That's for sure. My brother had been satisfied with a luxury house built in the 60's or 70's, but his wife wanted something glamorous, and even then she remodeled it. My SIL doesn't have the sense G-d gave a billygoat when it comes to spending money. And she put in every bathroom some fancy European looking toilet and EVERY time I used it, it was dirty afterwards. I didn't have diarrhea or anything, but the water area was tiny, so everything landed on the porcelain and made it dirty.
I otoh have standard Elgin toilets with a big pond in the bottom so everything lands in the water and after I flush, the toilet is as clean as when it was new.
If I were in my brother's shoes I would have taken my loss, taken out the stupid toilets and put in standard ones.
The SIL also added a room to the 2nd floor** in which she put literally 20 pieces of exercise equipment, none of which she ever used. And it shows. My brother, who has been thin all his life, used 2 or 3 of them on occasion. But a whole room!!! She does go into business herself but always loses money.
**At least it sat on a room that already existed on the first floor, but it still must have cost plenty to add a room, for exercise equipment she never used. And all one needs is one or two pieces, not 20.
Never makes airline reservations in advance, so she pays full dollar on those. .

On 3/17/2019 5:36 PM, micky wrote:

It's a universal problem.  Men make money, women spend it.
Sometimes a guy has to put on his man pants and tell her to STFU...even duct tape her mouth shut if necessary.
--
Get off my lawn!

On 3/17/2019 6:50 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:

I got lucky. My wife won't spend more than a few bucks without checking. I bet she has maybe $20 to #30 in her wallet and it is the same bill that have been there for months. She has not had a charge on her credit card for at least 6 months. I treat her well, she deserves it.
On 3/17/2019 7:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

  She musta came outta the same mold as my wife ... looking back my only regret is that I didn't always treat her as well as she deserved .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On 3/17/2019 10:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I bet you do now. Gotta take care of the good ones. After nearly 53 years I'm not going to screw it up.
On 3/17/2019 10:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

  Not quite 46 here . I set up her tea cup and heat the water most mornings .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On 3/17/19 8:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Does she have a sister ;-)
--
Ever notice the shortage of "armed law-abiding citizen” victim tragedy
stories in the news?
On 3/18/2019 11:26 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

Yes, but take my word for it, leave her be. They are not the same!
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 17 Mar 2019 20:50:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski

If she doesn't charge things and she doesn't spend cash, how does she buy groceries?
On 3/19/2019 7:05 AM, micky wrote:

Easy, I pay. Doctor says she should not be driving any more so I take her shopping.

Ed does the grocery shopping like a good husband.
On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 11:36:00 AM UTC-4, Clare Snyder wrote:

ouse

and

e G-d gave a

en

.

Ed is very solicitous of his wife. It's how he shows he loves her. She's a very lucky woman.
Cindy Hamilton

Nope, just pays for it.
On 3/17/2019 5:50 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:

  You must be real popular with the ladies ... if that's the only kind of women you meet , you need to look elsewhere . Or maybe I got the last good one . Mine doesn't overspend , overdrink , chase around on me , and she's so frugal the Indian comes out ridin' the buffalo . Plus she's a good cook and can sew ! I still don't know what she sees in me ...
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 6:50:29 PM UTC-4, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:

Could you tell my husband that? He loves his toys. I can get by with a library card. Cindy Hamilton

  You're sound like my wife ... frugal and opinionated ! <smiley> I like my toys too , but tend to buy tools to maintain and repair our "stuff" . Of course , every once in a while I get a tool just because I want it , like the anvil I bought recently . I have no "need" to beat on red hot metal with a hammerbut it sure is fun !
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On 3/18/19 8:12 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Maybe you can deduct it as a medical expense. Therapy.
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 4:42:45 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I like the second one, but the seat's a little plain.
Cindy Hamilton