Underperforming toilet.

I am the muriatic acid guy it works great asa others here have reported.

Acid is safe if used with a little care, it dissolves thew sediment that builds up in the bowl rim passages:)

Reply to
bob haller

Did you read the link above? I'm curious!

Otherwise, use Allen wrenches if you want to.

How will you get the sediment out that is horizontal along the rim, between passages?

Reply to
Oren

Be careful Bob. The was also Acid Man the Mafia gangster.

Reply to
Oren

In a world where so many things don't work. It sure is kind of you to share something that does work. Thank you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

All this hue and cry about the toilet makes me wonder if the downstream plumbing is up to code. For example, this being a 'camp' does the system actually have a genuine vent of 3" or better tied into the toilet discharge line? And if there is one, is it open? Free of bird nests, whatever? Worth checking, I would think.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

All this hue and cry about the toilet makes me wonder if the downstream plumbing is up to code. For example, this being a 'camp' does the system actually have a genuine vent of 3" or better tied into the toilet discharge line? And if there is one, is it open? Free of bird nests, whatever? Worth checking, I would think.

There is no real vent for the toilet, but I can't see that preventing a good flush. The line is vented with a 1.5" vent that is away from the toilet line. As a test, I could open two ports that I use to dump the RV. They will vent the septic tank.

Reply to
Dan Listermann

not necessarily.......

I had a unvented toilet that flushed fine, but occasionaly the toilet would go dry, the water in the trap would get sucked out

Reply to
bob haller

Reply to
Dan Listermann

Speaking for all who made suggestions, "You're welcome"

Joe

Reply to
Joe

"Speaking for all who made suggestions, "You're welcome"

It is increasingly clear that I will need to make a vent near the toilet. Any advice about putting a stack through a rolled roof?

Reply to
Dan Listermann

.

how about a indoor vent? what are they called?

Reply to
bob haller

how about a indoor vent? what are they called?

It has to burp out. As far as I know, all indoor vents go in.

Reply to
Dan Listermann