Types of Patio Covers?

I'm tearing down the old one next weekend. Once it's all down and cleared out, I would like to put another one up, only this time the

*right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks here like or don't like.

Old one was put up using the Joe Homeowner before I moved here. Rain comes off the roof, hits the cover and originally ran back under the eaves against the wall. I was able to put up some flashing, gutter, etc, to drain away from the patio.

Anyway, that's an old sob story. Now I wondered what kind of patio covers people have that they like.

This is the style I've got, only mine is simpler and has 4 posts instead of 2. I like the spaced 2x2's on the top - gives enough sun and when the sun sets (would be to the left on this photo), it shades the sliding door.

oto_1.34131243_large.JPG

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

This is what we do down in Florida

gfretwell

cleared out, I would like to put another one up, only this time the

*right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks here like or don't like.

comes off the roof, hits the cover and originally ran back under the eaves against the wall. I was able to put up some flashing, gutter, etc, to drain away from the patio.

covers people have that they like.

instead of 2. I like the spaced 2x2's on the top - gives enough sun and when the sun sets (would be to the left on this photo), it shades the sliding door.

That's great! I've got an 8x10 shed back in one corner of the yard, behind some bushes with a recliner in it. Lovely wife wanted to know why I didn't put closer to the house. Nyuk nyuk nyuk....

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

I put in a large flagstone patio and covered it with triangular shade sails.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

cleared out, I would like to put another one up, only this time the

*right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks here like or don't like.

comes off the roof, hits the cover and originally ran back under the eaves against the wall. I was able to put up some flashing, gutter, etc, to drain away from the patio.

covers people have that they like.

instead of 2. I like the spaced 2x2's on the top - gives enough sun and when the sun sets (would be to the left on this photo), it shades the sliding door.

This is almost exactly like the existing cover except mine is all 2x2's spaced apart - no solid cover pieces. Only bad part about this one was repainting the 2x2's and water pooling on top of all the flat surfaces.

-covers-okc.jpg

Lovely wife is thinking more of something enclosed like this...

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

You might have misunderstood what I was talking about, these are the type of shade sails I am talking about:

Reads as if your wife wants an enclosure, not just a cover.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

cleared out, I would like to put another one up, only this time the

*right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks here like or don't like.

Rain comes off the roof, hits the cover and originally ran back under the eaves against the wall. I was able to put up some flashing, gutter, etc, to drain away from the patio.

patio covers people have that they like.

instead of 2. I like the spaced 2x2's on the top - gives enough sun and when the sun sets (would be to the left on this photo), it shades the sliding door.

2x2's spaced apart - no solid cover pieces. Only bad part about this one was repainting the 2x2's and water pooling on top of all the flat surfaces.

o-covers-okc.jpg

Thanks - have never seen those before.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney