Two kinds of garage door springs

Homework! Thanks.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sorry. I missed the word "manual" in your question.

Note that there are now torsion springs that can be adjusted with a power drill rather than with a pair of bars that can let go and take your eye out. Saw one at Menards a week or so back.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Actually Nate, I just saw a garage with a low ceiling where the torsion springs were on a bar mounted at the back of the rails, instead of the front, pretty much even (height-wise) with the top of the rails. Really cool, but I have never seen this type of thing on display at a garage door place.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Reply to