Troubleshooting Natural Gas Grill Quick Connect

I have a natural gas grill that connects to a wall-mounted natural gas outlet mounted on my deck. The gas outlet has a quick-connect and an on- off valve. It has been working fine for 2 years, but suddenly, I'm not getting any gas flow. The gas on/off to the house is definitely "on" since our other gas appliances are working normally.

Here's what I've found so far.

With the gas hose plugged into the wall outlet, I turned on the wall mounted on/off valve and tried to fire up the grill. But no gas came to the burners. Thinking there might be a blockage in the hose or grill control, I turned the gas valve off and disconnected the gas hose. I immediately checked the was no smell of gas at the connection end of the hose.

Next, I blew into the hose. I could hear air hissing out of the grill burner holes, so there's no blockage in the hose or the grill's gas control.

The problem seems to be with quick-connect fitting and/or the on-off valve on the wall. The quick connect seems to connect securely, and the snap-ring that holds the hose securely in place seems to be seating correctly.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any tips? (To set your mind at ease, I'm NOT about to start doing my own repairs on gas appliances! I just thought it might be something simple and obvious.)

Java

Reply to
Java Man

Hi, Remove quick connect fitting and see then.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Probably the fitting is not opening. I'd just replace it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski