Trimming Plane

Actually, it's easy... :)

If you don't want them; I'll pay shipping if they're anything at all usable.

Whatever you do, don't throw them away -- at least not until somebody who knows something about the subject has had a chance to look at them.

Reply to
dpb

dpb

Me too. Some of these old planes are worth over $200 to collectors of old tools. I see one like mine on ebay but only $30:

invalid unparseable

Here is an example of the "30 inch 4 x 4" wooden plane

Anonymous

Thanks, that helps, there's a Re-Store in Manville, NJ. Looks like a half hour from here and I see an email address.

Reply to
Dan Espen

It is a wooden plane.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Interesting, that's exactly what I have. Looks like they might bring $40 bucks.

Now I'm leaning toward heading to that Re-Store.

The reason I'm dealing with this is I'm painting and re-organizing my basement. I'll look at what else I have.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Yeah, I got the metal one from the same place but it doesn't look like an antique. It's a 7" metal plane. Just checked the basement, some of the things I trashed are still in the trash can. Coping saw, hack saw, brace. I think I'll take a picture and email that Re-Store.

Reply to
Dan Espen

$9.00 new at ACE hardware.

This is a very low-end stanley "block" plane. The blade is difficult to adjust and is not the best quality carbon steel.

Useful for crude trimming tasks where the final finish isn't critical and the edge being trimmed is less than an inch wide.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 16:55:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

I don't like wood chips in my cheese. Save them for the toilet paer...

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The microplane grater is an adaptation of a wood working tool. Used one yesterday for Parmesan cheese for my risotto.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski