Tree Roots from neighbor's tree causing sewer problem Keller, TX???

This weekend we had our sewer back up into our bathtubs and showers....consequently we called a plumber. He used a roto rooter to clear it out and told us that there were tree roots in the line, but not from the tree in our yard. He said that Verizon had been installing the fiber optic cables during the last year which may have broken a drainage pipe toward the main sewer line close to the street. He said he had encountered the same plumbing problems with others. He said we could get a plumber with a special camera that would get an image showing the broken main and that Verizon would pay for it to be fixed.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please respond.

Reply to
mscraven

Tree roots BUT NOT from your yard...... hummmmmmmmmmmm. Do your trees have special roots? Surely you can see how this statement is suspicious? How much snake did he put in the drain pipe? Proving Verizon's contractor at fault a year later will be ..................... improbable.

When trees get a chance for water they will and can become aggressive. I had one do this but it was because some maroon forgot to water it during the heat of a AZ summer. I drilled some 1.5 inch holes just beyond the drip edge, AWAY from the sewer and watered. In time my problem was solved.

Reply to
SQLit

Your subject line mentions neighbors, but your message in NO way expands on this idea.

Reply to
Doug Kanter