Transfer liquids between bottles

I got a better idea...throw both bottles in the garbage.

In my opinion, Old Spice smells like the ass end of a menstruating skunk.

People that wear Old Spice in public should be fined.

Reply to
Saul Bloom

Is it a bit too off the wall? To note that the poster who is siphoning aftershave out of the bottle goes by the screen name "period"?

.

I got a better idea...throw both bottles in the garbage.

In my opinion, Old Spice smells like the ass end of a menstruating skunk.

People that wear Old Spice in public should be fined.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Sometimes I do the same with pouring water in my car battery using a old mustard squeeze bottle. Works well.

Reply to
Doug

Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Had a transmission fluid leak on the old TransSport that required adding about a pint of ATF a day while on a trip. Miserable thing to get to the trans filler/dipstick with an oil container so I grabbed a sport drink bottle out of the reash (one with a push/pull "nipple" to drink out of) and filled it with ATF. Tip the "nipple" into the filler tube, pull the cap open, and squeeze. No more pouring fluid all over the engine compartment (at least from the top)

Reply to
clare

Yes. Now, how to get it started?

Next, what if the stuff is poison or lye or the like?

Serious questions -- I'd like to know in case I have to some day.

David

Reply to
David Combs

If the source bottle is flexible, you may be able to wrap your hand around the neck of the bottle, to seal it. Squeeze the bottle, and the presure will force liquid through the tube.

.

Yes. Now, how to get it started?

Next, what if the stuff is poison or lye or the like?

Serious questions -- I'd like to know in case I have to some day.

David

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If the tube is filled with the liquid, and one end is lower than the other, that will start the siphoning. I wouldn't siphon lye or poisonous liquids, but you can do it using caution. Take some clear aquarium tubing and try it with water to understand how it works. You need a tube more than 2 times longer than the depth of the container you're siphoning from. It has to go to the bottom inside of that container, then loop around past the bottom on the outside of the container. You normally have to make a U-loop with your tube so both sides fill. Then put your finger over one end of the tube, insert the other end to the bottom of container being siphoned. The opening of the empty container has to be lower than the bottom of that container. Put the finger capped end of the tube into the empty container, and take your finger off. Done.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Get a siphon hose Long hose with a bulb at one end that does the sucking Target container needs to be lower than the source

Reply to
Attila Iskander

All of this is almost as bad as the guy who uses his cellphone and types in a text message to contact his buddy, who is sitting at the other end of the bar.

Just use frikkin funnel, for crying out loud. Why does everything have to be high tech these days??? I swear, we live in a generation of idiots.....

Reply to
homeowner

Wait until Friday :-)

Reply to