Trailer came off the hitch

"Nate Nagel" wrote

I was a crane operator and rigger in the oilfield for about six years. We did all sorts of "stuff" that was hairy, but there were lines that one just did not cross. Never. Ever.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B

No, they're inconsistent.

"As I was turning out of the parking lot" does not seem as if it would be a detail omitted from a true story.

Remember when you misremembered that you've worn glasses since the 4th grade, then reported you'd passed an eye exam "with flying colors"...?

You're a liar. There no sense pretending you're not. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

WTF? not inconsistent at all. I was turning right, out of the parking lot, onto a busy street. It's entirely possible to do all three things at the same time.

WTF? Do you want to know what I was wearing at the time also? (probably jeans, a T-shirt, and work boots, but I can't exactly remember. Might have been wearing shorts. I know that it was f'ing hot out. Oh, I forgot to mention that, too.) I wasn't aware that I needed to post explicit detail about everything that happened before you'd believe me. Oh, wait, I don't care whether you believe me or not. I *do* care that you're a creepy stalker, and I wish you'd knock it off. I also care that you are an idiot who lowers the average IQ of a room by double digits whenever you walk in the door, so it'd be nice if you'd STFU and stick to topics that you actually know something about, but previous experience has led be to believe that that's too much to hope for.

p://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.studebaker/msg/b0cf1e2fcebdd...

WTF? Obviously I was wearing my glasses when I took the exam, otherwise I wouldn't have a driver's license, dipshit. A reasonable person would know what I meant, and that's who I write for, not idiots like you.

WTF? You're just making stuff up in a pathetic, transparent attempt to make it appear that I'm lying, but you're not even good enough at cherrypicking to make anyone actually believe you. You're pathetic and pathological.

Get help.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Sure. Liars like yourself base their stories on plausibility.

If you'd just fueled up and didn't/barely made it out of the station I don't think you'd omit that detail the 100th time you related it...

Red herring. Irrelevant circumstance.

ttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.studebaker/msg/b0cf1e2fcebdd...

Right. A "complete vision exam" occurs with the examinee wearing corrective lenses.

Making stuff up...? Like you reporting to be employed and having all day every day to post to Usenet?

And that just one of your dozen nyms.

Right. It's not you, it's me. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

IKYABWAI.

Why? it's an irrelevant detail.

Exactly.

The important point is that I didn't check the hitch *myself* and lived to regret it.

That is the point that I was trying to convey.

I believe that everyone understood that point, except for you.

?

The one that you have to take when you move into the state and/or renew your license most definitely does.

Sure, I spend "all day every day" on Usenet. And then you whine if I don't answer every one of your snipey little screeds. Here's a clue, Sparky - you're a punching bag. A known k00k. People take you exactly as seriously as such luminaries as Aunt Judy and Carl Troller. You're a pathetic little dried-up dog turd on the sidewalk of Usenet; a not that exciting toy occasionally to be dragged out for amusement purposes only. Accept it, move on.

I'm glad you have finally accepted that. I suppose it's too much to ask that now that you realize that you have a problem, that you limit your posts to those subjects of which you have actual knowledge?

nate

Reply to
N8N

Idiot plonked.

Reply to
clare

colors"...?

Usenet?

Which is apparently a pretty short list.

Reply to
clare

From: Nate Nagel Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:19:09 -0400

"IKYABWAI." Another classic lame.

Lol.

Yeah, well, perhaps they don't know full of shit you are.

..?

You've worn glasses since 4th grade and think those 30 seconds comprise a "complete vision exam"...?

I know. When the f*ck would you get any employment done?

Really...?

You mean citing you...?

From: (Nate Nagel) Date: 17 Jul 2002 09:42:54 -0700

"Peeve: people who act superior, but run away when they realize that bluster and BS doesn't always "win" a "discussion."

Ouch.

Like Nate Nagel, the driving expert with 5 wrecks and dog only knows how many tickets...?

From: "N8N" Date: 7 Dec 2006 05:01:05 -0800

"The 5 wrecks are probably why my insurance was so high in MD"

From: Nathan Nagel Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 21:20:23 GMT

"Well, I finally got the ticket. 74 in a 55, I was doing it, no doubt."

From: "Nathan J. Nagel" Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:46:22 GMT

"I got clocked by a cop who was hiding behind a billboard as doing 73 in a 60 (my speedometer said 65.)"

From: Nathan Nagel Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:11:46 GMT

"I've actually not only been stopped, but ticketed for doing an alleged 73 in a 65, and I don't actually think I was going that fast (I *saw* the cop sitting at the side of the road a long time before he saw me"

From: Nathan Nagel Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:53:05 GMT

"The ice hole that pulled me over for "73" (really more like 60) in a "55" (speed limit was actually 65)"

-----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

At roughly 6mils/in/F for thermal expansion/contraction, 100F dT would lead to roughly 1 mil change in dimension for a 2"D ball. Not likely that was the root cause of losing a hitch connection (assuming the comment wasn't simply the sidebar subthread meaning... :) )

Reply to
dpb

On 7/7/2011 1:42 PM, dpb wrote: ...

Dang, ... the above is, of course, "roughly 0.006 mils/in/F" or 6E-6/in/in/F

Reply to
dpb