Toro CRC 2450 snow blower

-snip-

Got a model number on the snowblower? My Toro 38170 is 2 stroke and took a 640086A carb a few years ago when it did just what yours is doing. It recovered when I put a new carb on. There are no visible adjustments on the card-- but there is a needle valve, seat and some ball valves under some Welch plugs, if I remember right. [I tried to rebuild 2 carbs that winter-- then I saw how cheap a new one was & tossed them.]
Jim
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 05:50:47 -0800 (PST), Brent Bolin

The Toro site has exploded parts diagrams for all the models. I think you have to get to the parts section..takes a little hunting around.
If you end up needing parts, Sohar RCPW online (www.rcpw.com ) stocks tons of parts. They had the gas tank for my 20+ year old toro in stock.
I wish to inform you that two stroke Toro engines have carbs. I know; I've dissembled and cleaned mine several times.
No such device as "exhaust filter".
"When you try to blow snow, it bogs down" could easily be ignition problem.
Have a nice day!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Brent Bolin wrote:

Does Honda make fuel injected 2 stroke snow blowers?
Could be throttle body fuel injected. I enjoyed your question. And you're man enough to admit it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Brent Bolin wrote:

Did you put 2 stroke oil in the gas? If not, you burned it up.
Very likely to be fuel problems, or partial blockage of carb jet. That's what it sounds like, from here. Hope that wasn't a Champion plug. They have had quality problems.
I'd start by replacing the fuel filter, or install one if it doesn't yet have one. Dissemble, and clean the carb. Paying attention to the metering jet.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:33:05 -0800, Brent Bolin wrote:

Go digging for the engine manual online (google suggests it's a CCR 2450, not CRC as per subject) - there's probably a troublshooting section and routine maintenance section in it.
It's probably due a fuel filter replacement if it has one. But it might need other things after ten years, too (the B+S engine in my mower needs head bolt torque checking after every 100 hours, for instance, and there are various carb adjustments to check)
cheers
Jules
On Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 9:33:05 PM UTC-6, Brent Bolin wrote:

BURN DA BITCH TO DA GROUND - Foooooooooooooooooooo
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 19:22:32 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

With the right fuel mix and mixtute the top end should be good for over 2000 hours of use - too much oil in the mix and you may need to clean the exhaust a couple of times - particularly if running rich as well. I'd pull the carb and look for "greenies". Perhaps before pulling it check to see if it is possible to set it over - rich both at idle and full speed - should be able to get it rich enough to "four stroke" on you. If you can't over-richen it the carb will in all likelihood have a case of the "greenies" and will need a real good cleaning.