Top-loaders the new incandescent bulb

Just normal Gain powdered detergent.

My disposition towards her is good. She might be stronger than me now.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

=3D=3D "Laundromat" is the usual term in these here parts stranger. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

My old (high-end) Whirlpool top-loader was a fantastic machine. Worked flawlessly for years. When we moved we left the machine (working like new) and bought a Whirlpool Duet. Highly recommended from Consumer Reports. The Duet doesn't work nearly as well as my old top-loader. Besides the poor performance we had mold issues too. Now we dry the door and door seal with each wash but mold issues are common with front-loaders.

Jim

Reply to
Jim T

Well den, I can't disagree with dat.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

My old (high-end) Whirlpool top-loader was a fantastic machine. Worked flawlessly for years. When we moved we left the machine (working like new) and bought a Whirlpool Duet. Highly recommended from Consumer Reports. The Duet doesn't work nearly as well as my old top-loader. Besides the poor performance we had mold issues too. Now we dry the door and door seal with each wash but mold issues are common with front-loaders.

Jim

----------------

Most front load washers have a basket clean or basket sanitize feature. This is explained in the manual. We run ours with about 4 tablespoons of bleach about every 2 months.

Reply to
The Henchman

Must be a regional thing. In Indiana, we always called them laundromats. Don't thing I have ever heard or seen it as laundrymat until this thread.

But all in all, 'shrug'. As long as y'all knew what each other meant, that is all that really matters. I found it confusing when I moved to SW MI, and noticed that a lot of people still called hamburgers 'hamburgs'. Silly me, I thought that was just an abbreviation busy waitresses used on the old green-and-white order tickets.

Reply to
aemeijers

My old (high-end) Whirlpool top-loader was a fantastic machine. Worked flawlessly for years. When we moved we left the machine (working like new) and bought a Whirlpool Duet. Highly recommended from Consumer Reports. The Duet doesn't work nearly as well as my old top-loader. Besides the poor performance we had mold issues too. Now we dry the door and door seal with each wash but mold issues are common with front-loaders.

Jim

Most front load washers have a basket clean or basket sanitize feature. This is explained in the manual. We run ours with about 4 tablespoons of bleach about every 2 months.

I'm not sure which basket you're talking about. The mold, I found, out was growing in the space under the door seal. Quite a bit too. You can't see it unless you pull the seal back. We tried using bleach but apparently we didn't use enough or it wasn't eliminating the mold. Now I take a towel and run it around in the space between the machine and the large round seal around the door opening. We haven't had anymore mold problems since. My sister-in-law had the same problem with her LG. She made the store give her another machine. But she's like that. I figured out what was going on.

There was some mold growing in the detergent "basket" but I figured out how to stop that too by taking the bleach and softener portion. New Duets may not do this anymore. Mine was one of the first models and may have bugs that needed to be worked out.

Jim

Reply to
Jim T