Tool to align Decora receptacles....

A while ago I stumbled on a tool online that you plug into a duplex receptacle, and it has a handle grip that allows you to bend the receptacle in all directions to make it flush (or at least even/level) once the faceplate is installed. Particularly useful for Decora outlets (I hate when they look crooked for one reason or another). It also has a circuit testing light built into the handle so you know if you are gripping a live outlet or not.

I cannot find this tool now that I want to actually order one. I also forgot the name (although I seem to remember Lowes having it listed on their website).

Does anyone know what this tool is, and where I can get it from?

Thanks!

-Chris

Reply to
charry

I made two out of a modifed coverplates (single gang & double gang) so I could adjust the postion of the device to make the plates sit straight.

I've never seen such a tool but if I ever used Decra devices again it would be useful

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Saw one at either Lowe's or HD just the other day. Not sure of name. Not sure if it had built in tester, but it was definitely a receptacle gripper thing. Was hanging up near the receptacles.

Reply to
Chris

Yes! I was able to find it. My Lowes never had it in stock, but today there it was in the electrical aisle.

Its called PlugGrip, and has two separate test lights (one for each outlet in a duplex receptacle). It works pretty good trying to flush up already mounted outlets, but I assume it would work even better before the outlets are screwed in. I have a few outlets to swap out in the near future, so Ill see how well it does or doesnt work (but for 10 bux, at least I have something I can plug into the outlet and turn off breakers to see when the lights go out).

They actually have a light switch version of it, check out

for their product information.

-Chris

BobK207 wrote:

Reply to