Toilet Rumbling?

Hello,

My sister, who is a widow and has no access to the internet, asked me to post this:

She lives in an older house which has one toilet, a wall-hung one. In the last week it has started to make a loud rumbling noise after being flushed. This isn't a groaning or clanking noise, but a definite rumble. Everything else works fine with the toilet. She has lived in the house for more than 30 years and this has never happened before. Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe a clogged vent? The ballcock has been replaced.

Dot

Reply to
Dot S

After the tank has filled, either shut off the water to the toilet or hold the ballcock float up (so it can't refill). Now, flush the toilet. If no rumble, the noise is being produced by the ballcock or the water flow thru the supply piping. It could even be caused by a loose washer in the shutoff valve.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim