Toilet paper cores clog toilet

Everytime I flush those cardboard cores from a roll of toilet paper down the toilet, the toilet gets clogged and I spend hours with the plunger trying to unclog it. Lately I save all those cores for a month or two before I flush them. I just flush them on a day when I have a lot of spare time, knowing that I'll be fighting a clog. I also learned to tear them a little. That seems to help them go down.

Does anyone know an easy or clogless way to flush them? I'm sure other people can do it without all the troubles I have.

Chief

Reply to
policechief

Cut them in little pieces, soak in milk for 1/2 hour, and mix them with scrambled eggs or oatmeal.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They go in the garbage can, dummy.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Stick them up your ass for a day and they will soften.

Is that the best troll you can come up with?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

yeah, revert back to using an outhouse.

Reply to
Stephen King

Save them for your 2-year-old grandson to play with.

Reply to
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

No, they go in the recycling can, unless he is living on the moon.

Reply to
RF

RF wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

I can't believe the stuff they throw away in the trash, in my office. I have to sneak around and remove papers from the trash for the recycle bin. I also find empty coffee cans and plastic drink bottles. Even the ones with the 10 cent deposit on them.

But....oooooooo. they get a recycled toner cartridge for the copier. LOL. They think they're so great, but every day throw paper in the trash. Then once day I found the empty cartridge in the trash so I took it out. A library nearby will take the emptys and they recycle and get a little money for them.

Don't get me started on all the newspapers and magazines I find in the trash,too.

Reply to
Marina

He doesn't have a 2-year old grandson. He's only 17 years old himself.

Reply to
mm

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:fcpk44t1a231tj40jm55lt1old7uplnvn8@

4ax.com:

Pack them full of shit and smoke them. Can't be any worse than what you are smoking now.

Reply to
Red Green

I've never heard of anyone flushing cardboard down a toilet except for small kids. What's wrong with wastebasket method of disposal? Surely you aren't wiping yourself with those cores.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Better yet, fill them with shit and play them in the VCR. It's better than what some watch...

Reply to
Harry L

Sadly Marina, that's the nature of the kids of the past few decades. Some parents have far too many kids and then let them behave like little wild animals. I guess they are too busy trying to make a buck and have little concern for the environment. Middle class people have more spare time and money so they have more concern for their environment and their kids usually get more training in things like not throwing away their cups and bottles etc. This is a part of our world that needs attention and if the parents can't teach their kids, maybe the schools should. Hmm, but then they have their problems too.

I lived in Germany for two years a few decades ago and all the kids I noticed were very respectful and well trained in good behavior. Litter in the streets was a great rarity then.

Reply to
RF

......and I thought men used them to protect their little willies??? Someone enlighten me please.

Reply to
RF

Yeah, back in the '60s we used to make carburetor pipes out of them. We also discovered that if you light one end and stand them on end, they will burn slowly with a blue flame, all the way to the bottom. Groovy.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

I have just visited

(The Environmental Working Group) to find a safe foam for cushions to replace some latex rubber foam ones. It seems like there is none. This is the page I found:

So, for health sake, are we back to cushions made of coiled springs with thick cotton padding?

Anyone know where I could buy such cushions?

On another front, I have an old car that has some sound padding between the passengers and the engine. It is like carpet backing stuck to a rubbery foam layer and that layer is decomposing, giving off an unpleasant smell. Is there a replacement that I could use?

If anyone is interested in selecting the least pesticide polluted food, here is a good source:

Have a great week!

Reply to
RF

What do you do when you find a used condom in the trash in your office? Isn't there some means to recycle them too?

Reply to
qwerty

snipped-for-privacy@asdfgh.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think the poster leaves them there for you and your trashy family to use on each other.

Reply to
Noahbuddy

Marina wrote in news:02a323e4$0$10266$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

People who "chew" are notorious for not recycling. Check their trash to get most bang for the buck.

Reply to
Red Green