Toilet keeps breaking

I have a problem with a toilet, it keeps cracking where it's bolted down.

I blame my mother-in-law for breaking it. Everytime she comes over and uses the bathroom, I end up with a busted toilet. Now she is one heavy duty woman. I think what happens is she plops down on the toilet, instead of sitting down, and when she goes to get up, she rocks the toilet.

Weight Watchers is out of the question, this woman likes to chow down.

Maybe I'm not installing the new toilets right? However, they're fine until she uses it.

Reply to
Tony Precasio

get a net trolltoiet, one for a Cow.

Reply to
ransley

The toilet shoudn't rock. Is the flange too high? Are you using a wax ring or a waxless device? I got a waxless seal from HD that would not work right in my installation, Get a Fernco waxless seal. It works well.

Reply to
Charlie

Get a toilet seat for the disabled. It's a good foot or two higher than normal. She won't have a chance to develop much velocity.

Alternatively, research toilet seats with shock absorbers, preferably hydraulic.

Reply to
HeyBub

Vandal Resistant Stainless Steel Fixture:

pic:

Oren

You need to set the toilet on LEVEL floor.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Sounds like a flange that is too high or the bolts are too tight , maybe she is leaning back on the tank too hard , is it on concrete or wood if concrete place 1/4 plywood under it .

Reply to
woodenhead

I hear no grass grows where she has been.

Reply to
Oren

AKA 'jail toilet'. They had one of those at work for a few years, specially installed for a

500-lb cart rider that used to work there. Scary-looking. After he got the self-induced medical retirement he was trying for, they took it back out. Not sure if they are saving it out back somewhere for the next gravity-challenged employee, or if they shitcanned it.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Though I never had toilet break, I have one with a flange that is too high, since it is all cast iron, it wouldn't be an easy fix. Since it kept using up wax rings and there was on clearance ofr a waxless ring, I shimmed the toilet. I think there are commercial one available, but I cut one out of 1/4" Plexiglas. No problem since. I made a cardboard template traced it out, drilled the center hole & cut the outside with a bandsaw.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

"Tony Precasio" wrote in news:gp9arf$abe$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

If this is not a troll post, my first thought is why is hers not always broken? If it is always broken, tell to to stop at a McD's on the way over and unload. No eating or drinking while at your place.

Reply to
Red Green

We had a 550# prisoner. He sat on a the tail gate of a government truck, then transported to an Air Force Base Hospital. They put him in a sling and then figured out his weight. When released, he was 350#

Remarkable, he never broke a single toilet, steel or otherwise.

Reply to
Oren