Toilet installation

"MLD" wrote in news:gd0mln$4el$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

What happens when you flush the first time and nothing at all goes down because foam has oozed and filled the drain pipe? Maybe some went up the toilet trap too huh?

Reply to
Red Green

I've set stools with a very "slight" sobble on dry fit with no shims. Once the wax ring and Johnny bolts are in place, the wobble was gone. Could it leak? Maybe. Could it break the porcelain? I suppose. But I've had neither. Remember, I'm talking about a very slight wobble.

On occasions I had to shim and used shingles (improvising on construction sites).

I would shim it with something like the plastic shims available at HD or Lowes. Thin set might give you issues when replacing the toilet in the future. I don't think the foam would be solid enough long term and you do run the risk of "lifting" the toilet from the wax seal if you use too much.

Reply to
luv2cmwork

When the other guys saw the lipstick in your toolbox?..........

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas