Here's the 10 commandments of alt.home.repair. (I wrote them)
1. Thou shalt not post in HTML
2. Yee who posts a binary attachment will face the rath of HYH. Images
welcome (and helpful) as long as they are a link to a website.
3. It's a wise man that will search www.google.com and
posting to A.H.R. ("How to strip wallpaper" and "How to stain my deck"
been asked at least once or twice before!!)
4. No commercial spam, no FA, and no FS posts. (these go in
Mercy will be granted to those that answer a post with a commercial
helps solve the posters original problem.
5. Thou shalt refrain from posting while inebriated. (This means you
6. Yee shalt refrain from profanity, porn, or personal assaults. Those
these warnings will be free from termites, lead paint, plumbing leaks,
lines at Home Depot as long as yea shall live.
7. Be "NOT" fruitful and multiply. Keep crossposting limited.
8. Thou shalt strive to provide specific information in your questions.
9. On the 7th day, 50,000 other newsgroups were created. Consider
automotive, gardening, and chit chat posts elsewhere.
10. Yea who is too lazy to come back here to read the replies need not
(don't expect a personalized email answer)